Background to the Assignment
The Ghana Enterprises Agency in partnership with the German Cooperation's 'Invest for Jobs' (an initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development), is implementing a Women SME Innovation Programme – Digitalize for Jobs.
The project seeks to provide capacity-building to women-owned/led SMEs on different aspects of digitalization and how their companies can grow from its use and increase their process efficiency and competitiveness by providing access to knowledge, digital tools, and expertise in the field of digitalization and innovation management challenges. It will Create a digitalized business environment conducive to the rapid growth of SMEs in Ghana, ensuring that they are creating jobs after the program.
The Objective of the Assignment
The purpose of issuing this ToR is to select competent and highly qualified consultants who have sufficient capability and experience in implementing an operational visibility (including social media) pack for virtual engagement and service marketing. Also, the Consultant should be able to recommend innovative solutions that could be considered for adoption. The solution should enable or deliver the following at a minimum:
- Optimal digital visibility
- An informational website and a social media platform to increase the business performance of MSMEs
Scope of Work
The scope of work of this role under the project covers:
Informational Website: The Consultant shall develop, using a recommended template/theme and an easy-to-configure website for SMEs with a modern user interface that delivers an excellent user experience for customers and partners.
The website should have the following sections and components at a minimum:
- About the Company
- Any other vital information
- Product and Services
- Teams page [optional]
- Contact Us page
- Links to social media pages
- Backend content management
- Proposed Domain name
- Email Hosting
Social Media Presence: The Consultant shall create/update one (1) of the under-listed social media accounts for digital engagement of customers and marketing visibility.
- WhatsApp Business
A. Proactively create editorial content (stories, photos, advocacy images, contests, campaigns, audio, video, infographics, etc.) in cooperation with web and social media, posting daily to respective channels; Adapt multimedia assets from beneficiaries.
B. Social Media Content Calendar: The Consultant shall develop a comprehensive year-round social media content calendar to deliver engaging content and value to sustain and grow followers and generate excitement for events.
C. Social media strategy and account growth framework: The Consultant shall develop a holistic social media strategy and account growth framework such that SMEs can grow their follower base and generate leads for more business and consequently higher revenues.
D. Interactions: Train account holders to actively engage with online audiences through social media channels.
E. Generate and analyze reports on web traffic and KPIs using Google Analytics and other social media-focused analytic channels.
Considering the Scope of Work of this project, the consultant would provide a complete list of all deliverables that will be produced throughout the entire project timeline whether those are plans, reports, solutions, etc. in a table format mentioning the stages, activities, and timelines.
Some examples of the deliverables are mentioned here for your reference.
- Inception Report (Work plan)
- Comprehensive reports of Informational Website and Social Media platforms
- A comprehensive framework for optimal utilization of the online space which adequately considers and incorporates ethics, privacy, and security protocols
- Social media and digital visibility solutions deployment report
- Recommendations on innovative solutions for adoption by SMEs for increased digital visibility.
- Training Reports
- Social media account holders should be able to timely respond to messages and comments from followers.
- Reports of activities undertaken
- Post-development support plan
Qualification and Experience of Technical Consultant
This assignment is of utmost importance to GEA hence, The Consultant must prove that they have a solid technical background and operational strength to deliver the assignment without any hindrances. The consultant must also have adequate technical ability, material, and human resources. As such, the following are defined as minimum eligibility criteria:
- Minimum of 4 years of general experience in creating or enhancing the digital visibility of businesses.
- Must submit the Business Registration Certificate (Incorporation & Commencement of Business)
- Have developed successful Online Operational and Digital visibility packs for SMEs that are currently operational and have been deployed in at least three other large-scale projects in Africa (at least one instance in Ghana preferred) and/or other emerging markets during the last 4 years.
- Demonstrated experience, qualifications, and availability of key staff to be placed on the project.
Submission of CV
The CV shall be submitted by 12:00 pm/noon (GMT) on Monday, September 12, 2022, in a sealed envelope delivered to Procurement Officer, GEA, and be clearly marked "Social Media and Digital Visibility Consultant"
Wednesday, 15th March 2023
Terms of Reference
Detailed Terms of Reference for this project may be downloaded HERE (Click Here).